Thursday, April 28, 2011

Extreme!

So I have a new obsession...and it's a DORKY one.

COUPONS!

Have you seen this Extreme Couponing show on TLC? WILD. These people are getting thousands of dollars worth of merchandise for tens of dollars. It is crazy to watch. (Also a little disturbing--during each episode the "Up Next - Hoarding" ad pops onto the screen...I can't imagine that is a coincidence. The folks at TLC must get a little giggle out of that.)

Now, I don't think I need to have a whole storage unit to stockpile things that I will never use (like 100 bottles of antacid), but I would like to be smarter about buying the things we need at our house on a weekly basis. Yesterday I used TWO coupons on ONE item (one store coupon and one manufacturer's coupon). Saved me $6 on a box of diapers!

This type of shopping requires more planning than I am used to. I like to make a list, but now I have to plan further ahead based on coupons I get (or don't get, and find them). I may even start taking the Sunday paper (what? In this day and age of technology?) so I can get more coupons. Aaron likes to tease me that you have to "spend money to save money," but I don't want to spend so much that it's really not worth it!

On a side note--what has my life come to that this is what I'm blogging about? Hilarious. I'm feeling like such a mom today.

2 comments:

  1. HA, I actually made the comment to Scott this morning (before reading this), "I have to start looking for coupons and buying the Sunday paper so something to try to save money."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coupons in the Sunday paper! But I think those extreme couponers are a little crazy, and seriously--wouldn't a lot of that stuff be better donated? You can't seriously tell me your family goes through THAT much food before it expires. Unless you have 15 kids.

    ReplyDelete