Thursday, March 31, 2011

Personalized Presents

Our great friend Amy Stewart (who, incidentally, just started a blog about Kansas City--we can't wait to see what she writes!) gave us some gifts from this adorable little store in the Brookside/Waldo area called Pistachio Gifts for our Kansas City baby shower.

Aaron has known Amy for several years, and they have hilarious stories they can tell you about their antics--just maybe not on a blog about a baby! Amy is one of those people who knows all the secret and special things about Kansas City, so if you're looking for an event venue, a great new restaurant to try, or need something awesome to do on a weekend, she usually has the info you need. She's also VERY fun to spend time with, whether it's just hanging out or laughing over a great meal, so we weren't surprised at all that she gave us such a unique and fun gift for baby Izzy (known only as Cupcake at the time).

The lovely owner at Pistachio's (whose name has escaped me), provides embroidery services, so you can pick out an adorable item, then have it personalized for the recipient. Unfortunately for Amy, we couldn't decide on Izzy's name until she was hours away from being born, so she told us to take our gifts in when we made a decision and get them personalized!

I've spent some time with Amy working with her pups (in my attempt at amateur dog training), so one of the gifts is this great stuffed animal. It's sort of like a bearskin rug, but it's a puppy (because of the dog training) and so soft and cuddly. When I took it in to Pistachio's to have it personalized, I asked for chocolate brown and to use Izzy's full first name, Elizabeth.


The second gift is this cute little diaper cover--still a little big, but it will be great when Izzy is toddling around in a little fancy dress--I can't wait to see her in it. I asked for hot pink and Izzy's nickname across the rear.


I didn't pick the fonts, but they did a perfect job! I love that Izzy has these great gifts that are just for her! I can't wait to see her enjoy them. Thanks, Amy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see that everything turned out so great!!! Pistachio Gifts is wonderful. Thanks for all of the kind words. You guys are the best!

    PS - As I was putting my new blog together I was thinking it would be great to have you guest blog from a mother's perspective. You can blog about fun events for families and kids from time to time. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete