Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Tiny Music Lover

Playing with scarves and shakers at Kindermusik class!
Izzy LOVES music. At first I thought I was imagining this, because I love music so much. Aaron loves music, too, but we have very different tastes. I think we generally appreciate each other's musical leanings, but they are very different--he loves classic rock, but before we started dating I couldn't have named a single Led Zeppelin song (that's his all-time favorite band). I love bluegrass and singer-songwriters, and he'll listen, but probably wouldn't chose either of those to listen to. We meet in the middle with an affinity for pop music--don't tell anyone, but Aaron loves Britney Spears.

So we sing to Izzy a lot. I pick songs I know all the words to (at first Christmas music since she was born in December, now musical tunes and songs I remember from youth choir in high school), Aaron chooses songs from his Rock Band game or makes up his own songs. In the morning I usually sing "Good Morning" from Singin' in the Rain, and Izzy just lights up. Aaron sings a little number he made up called "Freshen Up the Baby" when he changes Izzy's diaper and she smiles a giant smile every time.

Thankfully, since we apparently created a little music lover, we have a great friend, Amy Pennington, who runs a Kindermusik business, and she let us know what a great learning opportunity (and how much fun) we could have in class! We started Saturday morning classes at InJoy Music when Izzy was less than 3 months old, and she has loved it from the very first day. The music is great (and we even got a CD we can listen to in the car and at home) and the interaction with us and with the other families is so much fun! Izzy loves to watch the other babies in class, and when we sing some of the songs at home she grins--I think she remembers the songs!

I recommend Kindermusik to ANY family with young children--they have classes for kids from ages 0 to 7--contact Amy at injoy@kc.rr.com for more information on previewing a class or signing up for the next session!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! A round of applause & standing ovation from Aunt Ashley! I love that big Izzy smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psst, I love Brittany too :) Don't be ashame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool. I didn't know companies like Kindermusik existed. Love it.

    ReplyDelete