Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Fools!

This was the most memorable April Fools day I've EVER had. I woke up at the normal time, took a shower, dried my hair, and started brushing my teeth. And then I thought to myself, maybe I'll take a pregnancy test today, what the heck.

So I did.

AND IT WAS POSITIVE.

I stood there in silence staring at it for a while...not quite sure what to do. I've done enough reading and listening to my friends to know that false positives are very rare. Aaron was still asleep, radio alarm blaring (which rarely wakes him up). I took my little test in there and kissed him on the forehead. "Baby," I said to him, "I have to tell you something. And this is NOT an April Fool's Day joke."

We're excited to say the least--but this is such a weird experience! I have the biggest secret of my life brewing--no--GROWING inside of me right now. And I can't tell ANYONE! It's insane. It's weird. It makes me nervous!

I am trying not to stress about it--currently I feel great (maybe a little tired, but that may be because I went cold turkey no caffeine). I worry about whether this is real, really going to happen, really going to end up in a sweet little child of my very own. I have been waiting for the morning sickness...I think that might make me feel like it is more real.

I have now taken three tests, and called my doctor, and am counting down the hours until I can hear from a doctor that everything is going great and I can tell my friends and family about our joyous news. I wanted to put it on Facebook, on April Fool's day, and see what people said...but then on the other hand, I want to present it on my terms...for now, I will write it here.

Squeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment