Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wannabe Design Star

I've been looking at fabrics and knick-knacks for Cupcake's room since I found out we were having a baby--any excuse to design a new space! There's a great store in Springfield my mom discovered years ago, called FM (no idea what that stands for). If you drove past it you'd never give it a second look--it looks like a junk shop where you might be able to buy some really cheesy and cheap silk flowers. Inside, however, is a different story. They carry TONS of great decorator fabrics, so after we told my parents we were pregnant, it was one of my first Springfield stops.

At that point we didn't know whether Cupcake was a boy or girl, so I went in thinking I'd pick some fabrics I liked for a boy and some I liked for a girl. I walked out with fabrics that have chocolate brown, orange, sage green, and blue, and that's what will be used to decorate Cupcake's room.

The big squares of decorator fabric will be used for curtains, bumper, and crib skirt, with accents of orange and brown REALLY soft minky dimple fabrics (inside of the bumper, on a super soft blanket, back of a throw pillow for the rocking chair). Then we'll add a few monkey accents, too--a mobile, some wall hangings, etc. Aaron is a big fan of monkeys, and we thought it would add some playfulness to this otherwise very sophisticated room.


My oh-so-talented mother is going to work some magic and put these fabrics together to create a nursery design that I am going to love, and even though it isn't pink, I think the Cupcake will like it, too.

More to come on the furniture soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment