Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cupcake's Dresser

Well, dear readers, it is apparently baby room improvement week here on the blog!

My parents, being the first-time grandparents of baby Cupcake, are pretty pumped, to say the least. Mom calls me about every day with something she's read or heard or seen or thought up about the baby or her room or supplies we might need after she arrives. It's pretty great seeing them this excited about their granddaughter--they are going to be AWESOME grandparents.

As Aaron and I were trying to decide how to furnish and arrange Cupcake's room without breaking the bank or crowding the space too much, my mom called to let me know she had an idea (she has lots of ideas, and they're usually good). She said she had an old dresser that she thought they could build a changing table top for, saving us the need to buy either of those two things. The old art supply chest of drawers from the garage was going to be the subject of the renovation, and I have to admit, at first I was a little skeptical. That thing had been out there for ages and ages, and I'm pretty sure there was at least a pound of glitter spread among the drawers.

However, with a little TLC (and some assistance from my carpentry-loving brother-in-law, Cameron) I am pretty sure this is the best dresser ever! Check out the photos!





5 comments:

  1. They did such an awesome job! You couldn't buy anything better at the store. Don't you love handy parents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! It looks so good. I'm using my old vanity for our changing table-but I still need to paint it white and put hardware on it. I can't believe how fast time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a great job they did! You have such an amazingly cool family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! That will be an awesome addition to her room! Sarah has no dresser, and I so wish we had one. How cool!

    ReplyDelete